50+ Knots – Triple Arneson Drives
Pratt Naval Architecture were delighted to be instructed by our VVIP client to oversee construction and completion of two new 30 m vessels.
- Liaising with both the Owner’s local and London-based lawyers, advice was provided regarding the newbuilding contracts and vessel specifications.
- Periodic visits were made during construction to ensure the vessels were completed to the desired quality and adhered to the agreed specifications.
- During the project Pratt Naval Architecture worked closely with the builders, Classification Society surveyor, captain and crew and the Owner’s AV/IT contractors and yacht management team.
- Dock and Sea Trials were carried out followed by an Acceptance Trial.
- Later warranty surveys were undertaken and assistance given with resolving warranty issues.
Whilst awaiting delivery of the vessels, our client decided to purchase an existing vessel as an interim measure.
Pratt Naval Architecture were commissioned to oversee dock and sea trials and carry out a full condition pre-purchase survey, involving detailed non-destructive examination of the vessel’s FRP/Kevlar structure, equipment and available documentation. Oil samples were collected and analysed from both main and auxiliary engines and gearboxes.
Following the survey number of rectifications were agreed based on the survey recommendations and Pratt Naval Architecture were tasked to oversee the work to ensure the high standard expected was achieved. The work covered systems and machinery, interior, paint coatings and teak deck sheathing.
The vessel proved successful and was kept on even when the new vessels were delivered.